Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Maiden Voyage

Here is my first post...I sit here with all this blank white space not knowing exactly what to say. I don't really know what kind of blog this will become. I'm guessing as it takes on a life of its own it will include many things. Perhaps I'll include recipes...reviews of movies...thoughts on life...

Today we went and saw the new National Treasure movie. It wasn't bad. It did make me feel bad about how little I know about American History. Sure, I learned all the stuff they start putting in front of you in text books in school, but how much of that is really true. Now, I'm not saying that this movie is accurate and that I learned anything new from it, but it did make me stop and think that there are people out there that find places like the Library of Congress very facinating. I wish I could say I did, but I really have no desire to go there. Does that make me a bad American?

I do however enjoy a good conspiracy theory, so I think I'll buy this book I've been wanting: Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong. At least this way I'll get a refresher on all the stuff I learned in History class, plus maybe I'll learn the real story.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Welcome to the blogging world my dear Ista :) I've added you to our blog roll and I'm looking forward to reading about the life and times of Crista and Scott!