Friday, August 1, 2008

Cream Cheese Chicken

I love to cook with wine! Even better, since this recipe calls for very little, there is that much more left for the cook to enjoy! :)

I've been meaning to try this recipe for a long time, and I'm so glad I finally did. The sauce is incredibly good, and it was fantastic over mashed red potatoes. It would also be good over noodles or rice.

I got this recipe from the What's Cooking board on TheNest.com. It was posted by Mary Ellen, who is always posting delicious looking recipes. I'll be sure to try more soon!


Cream Cheese Chicken

3 chicken breasts, trimmed and kept whole or cut into strips or chunks
1 can chicken broth, separated
4-8 cloves garlic
red pepper flakes
4 oz cream cheese
1.5 tbs flour
2 tsp white wine

Put chicken in large pan with a little bit of olive oil. Add red pepper flakes and pressed garlic (I used minced). After 1-2 min, add white wine to deglaze the pan and then add ¾ can chicken broth. Bring to a boil then simmer 20-25 min until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken and place in a covered dish; keep warm. Mix flour with remaining broth and add to pan; mix. Add cream cheese, mix until thick and bubbly. Pour sauce over chicken.

Source: Mary Ellen on thenest.com

No comments: