Friday, August 1, 2008

Peachy Keen!

I've been trying to make this recipe for a few weeks now. The first time I tried, the peaches I bought were too soft and fell apart while I was cutting them. The next time I tried to make the dish, I realized Scott drank the Mt. Dew (yes, there is indeed Mt. Dew in the recipe).

Tonight I finally had some firm peaches and a bottle of Mt. Dew in the fridge! I was very leery of this recipe, but intrigued by the ingredients. It turns out like a dumpling surrounded by a very sweet syrup. It is really yummy, and very easy to make. I think this recipe would also be great with apples this fall. (I made a half batch of the recipe below.)


Peach Enchiladas

2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent roll dough
4 firm peaches, peeled, pitted and quartered
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 citrus-flavored soda (12-ounce can) such as Mountain Dew

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch pan with non-stick spray, set aside.Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into triangles. Place 1 peach quarter on the wide end of a dough triangle. Roll up from large end to small end to encase the peach slice. Place in prepared pan. Repeat with remaining crescent dough and peaches.In a small bowl, combine sugar, melted butter and cinnamon. Pour mixture over rolls. Pour soda over top and bake for 45 minutes.
Source: Indianapolswoman.com

1 comment:

shweetpotato said...

omgoodness, I think I just found a new fav blog hehe.. YUMMMY recipes and love the kitty pics, I have 4 cats myself lol, hubby calls me a cat lady :D Ill stop back soon, Carm