Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Enchiladas...Es bueno!

Sticking to my more veggies theme, tonight I went meatless! But no worries, I got my protein from beans and veggie crumbles! I really liked it - es bueno!



Saucy Enchiladas

3/4 cup fat-free refried black beans
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
4 (8 in.) flour tortillas
1 cup frozen burger style vegetable crumbles (I used Morning Star)
3/4 cup enchilada sauce
1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
low-fat sour cream (optional)


In a small bowl, combine the beans with taco seasoning. Spread each tortilla with 3 tablespoons of the bean mixture. Sprinkle veggie crumbles down the center of each tortilla and roll up tortilla. Arrange, seam sides down , in an 8" square backing dish. Pour enchilada sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 min. or until bubbly.
Source: Cooking Light

On the side I served a salad of baby spinach, orange sections, chopped cashews, and raspberry vinaigrette. Yum!

No comments: