Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Resolution...

This year's New Year's Resolution for me is to eat more fruits and veggies! So I cracked open my trusty Cooking Light Superfast Suppers Cookbook, which has very speedy, easy, and healthy recipes, and picked this one.

You could definitely kick it up by using pesto instead of the chopped basil, or maybe just adding some garlic or hot pepper flakes. I liked it just fine the was it was, and I think it will be great cold tomorrow for lunch!

I served it with a side salad of baby spinach, strawberries, and pecans with raspberry vinaigrette.


White Bean-Tomato Pasta
2 1/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (19 oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
Cook pasta according to package directions. Combine tomatoes and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
Place beans in a colander, drain pasta over beans. Add beans and pasta to tomato mixture and toss well.
source: Cooking Light

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe! Sounds delicious.

plumber indianapolis said...

I liked it just fine the was it was, and I think it will be great cold tomorrow for lunch.