Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hot Crash Potatoes!

Oh my gosh, these are so good! You really have to try them! Everything that the Pioneer Woman cooks looks so yummy, and after seeing these on a lot of other food blogs with rave reviews, I knew I had to try them. But first I had to run to Target, my happy place, and buy a potato masher. It was a good investment, even if I only use it to make this recipe!



Hot Crashed Potatoes

red new potatoes (as many as you'd like)
olive oil
salt
pepper
dried herbs (I used rosemary)

Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender. Pre-heat oven to 450. Place potatoes on an oiled cookie sheet. Press down in a criss-cross with the potato masher to flatten potatoes like a cookie. Brush each potato with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and desired herbs. Bake on the top rack of the oven for 20-25 min.

Source: The Pioneer Woman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! they are good aren't they? Addicting :) My DH said they were "ok" ... I'm like, fine, more for me! :)