Sunday, October 26, 2008

Cream of Crap Dinner

If you read posts on any cooking board, you will come to find that there are 2 kinds of people. Those who cook with "cream of crap" and those who don't. Being from Indiana, where Green Bean Casserole is part of every holiday meal, we are tend to fall in the "cream of crap" cookers category.
So when you open my pantry (which is way to small and over stuffed) you will usually find at least one kind of "cream of crap" on hand. Having avoided the grocery this past week in hopes to use items from my overly stuffed freezer, I looked in the pantry and found a lone can of Campbell's Cream of Broccoli soup. The can boasted that it contained 5 recipes on the label, so I decided I'd try one if I had all the called for ingredients. Thanks to some frozen chicken and broccoli spears in the freezer, I was all set to make Campbell's Chicken Broccoli Divan. It was a very easy and really tasty casserole. I served it over rice, but you could eat it alone or even over noodles.


Chicken Broccoli Divan
1 lb broccoli, cooked and drained
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 can Cream of Broccoli Soup
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
4 Tbs. dry bread crumbs
2 Tbs. butter, melted
Place broccoli and chicken in a 2 qt. baking dish. Mix soup and milk and pour over broccoli and chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Mix bread crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over top. Bake at 450 for 20 min.
Source: Adapted from Campbell's

1 comment:

Kira said...

There's nothing wrong with a little Cream of Crap every once in a while, in my book!