Friday, October 17, 2008

The Leaves are Fallin'

With colder weather creeping up on us, I felt like it was time for some good ol' Chicken Soup. My friend Beth and I love to cook as much as I do, and bought a neat soup cookbook. I copied a few recipes and we tried this one this week. It was very fast to throw together, and very flavorful. Perfect for any fall night!




Roasted Chicken & Noodle Soup

1 Rotisserie Chicken
2 tsp. vegetable oil
2 medium onions, chopped
8 cups chicken broth
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
2 medium carrots, sliced (1 cup)
2 celery stalks, sliced (1 cup)
3/4 cup uncooked pasta (I used spirals)

Remove skin and cut up chicken. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until they begin to brown, then reduce heat to medium and allow to caramelize. Remove from heat.

Meanwhile, heat the broth, black pepper, carrots, & celery in a pot and bring to a boil. Stir in chicken and pasta and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10 min until pasta is tender, stir in
onions and serve immediately.

Source: Swanson Soup Cookbook

No comments: